1) Watch out for the false teachers.
2) Pay attention to the fruit.
We could ask these questions of ourselves:
1. Do I live the way I say I do?
2. How do I speak to others?
3. How do I treat others?
4. How do I respond to circumstances?
And questions we could ask with our leaders?
1. Are they open and transparent?
2. Are they accountable?
3. Do they take feedback on board?
4. Does everybody have the same experience of this person or do they treat people differently?
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.